Patagonia, Chile’s final frontier, provides some of the best scenery on the planet and some of the best trekking in the southern hemisphere. This is a superb, rewarding challenge for anyone with a sense of adventure and a love for the great outdoors.
We trek via glaciers and turquoise-blue lakes to the renowned granite towers of Torres del Paine National Park, the jewel of Patagonia. The countryside is wild and rugged, and our paths pass towering wind-carved cliffs and mountains, moorland, forests and rich grasslands. We cross ice-cold, pure mountain streams and camp in beautiful locations, continually watching out for the graceful condors that wheel in the skies far above us.
- DAY 1: Depart UK
- DAY 2: Arrive Punta Arenas via Santiago; transfer to Puerto Natales
- DAY 3: Drive north to National Park; half-day trek across pampa to bright blue Lago Pehoe
- Day 4: Trek via moorland and forested cliffs to spectacular Glaciar Gray; return to Pehoe
- DAY 5: Rocky uphill climb alongside hanging glacier; follow undulating lakeside paths
- DAY 6: Trek uphill with views of weathered Cuernos del Paine and Torres massif; descend to riverside camp
- DAY 7: Continue climb to granite towers and rewarding view; descend back to camp
- DAY 8: Trek back through valley; return to Puerto Natales for well-earned celebration
- DAY 9: Transfer to Punta Arenas, spectacular flight to Santiago; free evening in the city
- DAY 10: Free to explore Santiago; transfer to airport and depart for UK
- DAY 11:Arrive UK
If this challenge inspires you, you may also like: