Our challenging trek takes us truly off the beaten track. We trek through dense, steamy jungle, surrounded by the incredibly atmospheric sounds made by a myriad of insects, animals such as gibbons, hornbills and tree frogs, and the all-pervasive dripping foliage. Staying in local Dayak villages, we gain a privileged insight into their ancient culture.
You won’t have many home comforts, but this is an unforgettable challenge in an untamed environment – a true adventure in every sense.
See orang-utans in their natural habitat on our unmissable extension trip > >
- DAY 1: Depart UK
- DAY 2: Arrive Banjarmasin
- DAY 3: Drive to start of trek; head into heart of rainforest
- DAY 4: Trek small narrow paths through thick vegetation; overnight in traditional Dayak longhouse
- DAY 5: Hilly day with magnificent views of surrounding forest
- DAY 6: Long, steady ascent through dense undergrowth to ridge; gradual descent towards Loksado
- DAY 7: Short trek to finish point; transfer to Banjarmasin and hotel
- DAY 8: Free day to explore; optional visit to traditional floating market
- DAY 9: Depart for UK via Jakarta
- DAY 10: Arrive UK
If this challenge inspires you, you may also like: