We travel through a quiet and unspoiled landscape with the chance to see reindeer, lynx, wolverines and even Arctic fox, whilst enjoying these stunning and unique surroundings. The network of trails and paths were created by the Sami people and settlers at the turn of the last century. Traces in the forms of pastures, house foundations, burn-beating land and hayfields remind us of these former times. We live simply, eating the local fare and overnight in traditional accommodation.
- DAY 1: Depart London for Stockholm
- DAY 2: Familiarisation with Snowshoeing, then set off through Valadalen's Nature Reserve to our camp
- DAY 3: Trek deeper into the mountains to our cabin at Lunndorr
- DAY 4: Trek across open landscapes and then wooded valleys to camp
- DAY 5: Final day snowshoeing and we complete the trail, ending where we began
- DAY 6: Depart for home
If this challenge inspires you, you may also like: