We trek through diverse scenery, from beautiful cultivated valleys with mud-brick houses perched on the slopes, rock formations and gorges, scree slopes and barren peaks, with endless panoramas over this spectacular mountain scenery and the vast desert beyond. We have time at the end to explore Marrakech, a vibrant, bustling city which provides the perfect contrast to our week in the mountains.
- DAY 1: Depart London for Marrakech; transfer to hotel
- DAY 2: Transfer by vehicle to the Ait Bougmez Valley in the Central High Atlas Mountains. Afternoon hike of Arous Gorge to our camp at Azib Ikiss(2300m)
- DAY 3: Trek to Tarkeddid Plateau via high mountain passes with beautiful panoramic views; camp at 3000m
- DAY 4: A strenuous ascent to summit the peak of M’Goun (4068m) on well worm paths and scree slopes descend to camp (2600m)
- DAY 5: Trek through colourful rocky landscapes to Imi Oulaoune; transfer to Amsouzart village (1600m)
- DAY 6: Spectacular route passing remote villages and Lake Ifni, cross high pass (3664m) with incredible views. Descend to camp (3200m)
- DAY 7: Ascend Ouanoukrim (4089m) with great views over Toubkal mountain range; descend to Mouflon Hut
- DAY 8: Long day with steep, rocky ascent to Toubkal summit (4167m), descend towards Imlil to finish the trek
- DAY 9: Transfer to Marrakech for a free day in this exciting city
- DAY 10: After breakfast we transfer to the airport for our flight back to London.
If this challenge inspires you, you may also like: