Crossing the Channel to Caen, we cycle along the Normandy coastline, then inland through small villages and medieval market towns towards Paris.
With long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs, the sight of the Eiffel Tower, our finishing point, will evoke a real sense of achievement.
- DAY 1: Cycle from Chessington through Surrey, North Downs, Hampshire, South Downs to Portsmouth.
- DAY 2: Day ferry across to Caen. We ride to Sword Beach,and then on to Pegasus Bridge before we ride via a canal cycle path into Caen.
- DAY 3: We ride to the small town of Arromanches. After visiting the museum here, we ride to Juno and Gold beaches. We then head back towards Caen. We then cycle east to Lisieux.
- DAY 4: We ride to the Falaise Gap we have a short talk about the battle and how close it was. Setting off again, we ride west through rolling farmland and wooded valleys to the ancient cathedral city of Evreux.
- DAY 5:
We cycle east, crossing the River Eure and riding through small towns as we pass through the valley of the Seine. As we head towards the centre of this legendary city, we look out for the distinctive landmarks of the Eiffel Tower and the Sacré Coeur standing out on the skyline. We pass the Arc de Triomphe and cycle down the famous Champs-Elysees to our finish beneath the lofty arches of the Eiffel Tower.
- DAY 6: After breakfast you are free to explore the city. You are responsible for getting yourself and your bags to the Gare du Nord on time for your afternoon Eurostar train back to St Pancras, where you will be reunited your bike.