This short but extremely demanding 5-day cycle challenge takes us through the heart of the French Alps, tackling the toughest mountain climbs made famous by the Tour de France. Spectacular views of mountain peaks, alpine valleys and hanging glaciers make the long twisting climbs worthwhile! Our challenge ends with two of the toughest and most renowned ascents in the region: the demanding Col du Galibier and the steep hair-pin bends of Alpe D’Huez.
Conquering these mountains will earn you a life-long sense of achievement and give you something in common with the most elite cyclists in the past 100 years!
Please note: This is an exceptionally strenuous challenge and you will need to train extremely hard to succeed.
- DAY 1: Arrive Geneva; transfer south to start of ride
- DAY 2: Warm-up through rolling valleys before your first mountain, Col des Aravis (1487m), followed by twisting Col des Saisies(1650m)
- DAY 3: Gentle start before long ascent of Col de la Madeleine (1993m); gentler roads before tough Col du Télégraphe (1566m)
- DAY 4: Gradient increases as tackle the long, demanding Col du Galibier (2646m); descend on through spectacular scenery and head for last climb: Alpe D’Huez (1815m)
- DAY 5: Transfer to Geneva for return flight
If this challenge inspires you, you may also like: