Iceland is a land of incredible contrast and beauty. Its wild volcanic landscapes, mountains, glaciers, hot springs, geysers and waterfalls, combined with its rich history, literature and folklore make it a fascinating country to explore.
Our challenge takes us from the active Mt Hekla to Landmannalaugar and then south through the mountains to the permanent icecaps of Myrdals and Eyjafjallajokull. This is a challenging trek through a remote and potentially hostile environment.
- DAY 1: Fly London - Keflavik, transfer to Reykjavik
- DAY 2: Transfer to Mount Hekla and onto Landmannahellir
- DAY 3: Trek to Landmannalaugar, relax hot springs
- Day 4: Trek through rhyolite and lava fields to Álftavatn
- DAY 5: Easier day trekking to Botnar
- DAY 6: Trek to Thor's Wood via Markafljót's Canyon
- DAY 7: Glacier pass to Skógafoss, transfer to Reykjavik
- DAY 8: Free day to explore Reykjavik, optional whale watching
- DAY 9: Return to London
If this challenge inspires you, you may also like: