The website you have entered is operated by Discover Adventure Ltd.
Discover Adventure is committed to safeguarding your personal data. This Policy outlines the type of information that is collected by Discover Adventure through this website and how we may use it. This Policy also tells you what to do if you do not want your personal information (such as your name and address) collected when you visit our website and how you can change information you have already provided to us.
What information will we collect?
We will only collect such personal information from you as required to complete your booking and ensure your health and safety on any challenge, or as required in order to complete any service requested of us by you.
The type of personal data that we may ask you to provide includes:
- Names and contact/address details including telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Credit/debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name and expiry date).
- Next of kin contact details.
- Passport information.
- Special requirements such as those relating to any medical condition or disabilities which may affect the chosen challenge arrangements.
- Dietary restrictions (which may identify your religious beliefs).
- Details of your chosen charity
Some of the information we collect (such as your medical details) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only collect this in order to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your booking arrangements or you may be asked to leave a Challenge if the leader considers this non-disclosure could be harmful to yourself or other members of the group (as set out in our terms and conditions).
How this information will be collected?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it. This may be:
- When you register to take part in a Challenge, Expedition or activity provided by Discover Adventure, or when you purchase a product or service from us.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter.
- When you speak to any of our team.
- When you complete a survey or enter a competition.
In addition to information provided via our website Discover Adventure Ltd reserves the right to use any photographs, images or video taken on a trip or trip-related occasion by its employees, or forwarded by any person on the trip or connected to the trip for use in any other relevant promotional material. This could include on our website, social media pages or our charity partners promoting our challenges.
What we will do with your information
- We require your personal contact details (such as name, address and debit or credit card details) to complete your booking with us. We will also use these details to manage your booking and to communicate with you regarding this.
- We use financial information that you provide us with in order to process card payments in settlement of any monies due relating to your booking. Your financial information is not retained on our database or network and is only used where you have authorised us to do so in accordance with the booking conditions and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you are fundraising for a charity we are obliged to forward your contact and challenge details to the charity for them to confirm agreement to the payment option. They may wish to contact you directly to discuss your fundraising and provide you with any support with this.
- In order to complete your booking we may need to disclose some of your information to organisations who act as ‘data processors’ or that undertake business functions on our behalf, some of whom may be located outside the UK/ European Economic Area (EEA). Controls for data protection may not be as strong outside of the EEA however we will only pass relevant information on to persons/organisations that are responsible for part of your challenge arrangements. If we are unable to pass this information on we may not be able to accept your booking.
- We may disclose your information if required to by law or where such a request is made by a legal authority. We may also need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party, who acquires, or attempts to acquire, all or substantially all of the asset/stock in our company.
- We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new challenges, events and competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
Please note that we do not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to send you direct marketing.
Security of information
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse.
We will comply with all relevant Data Protection legislation in relation to the period for which we retain any information you disclose to us. A copy of our Data Protection Policy is available on request (see contact details below).
Access to personal data
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee). We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of the request.
Who to Contact