Once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for school students
Discover Adventure has been designing and operating trips worldwide since 1994 and has a great depth of experience in creating challenging events and expeditions for schools.
Our experience and knowledge allows us to work with schools to create a unique experience which offers students the chance to develop personal and social skills, and culminates in an adventurous expedition of a lifetime.
From climbing mountains to crossing deserts, camping under the stars to pedalling across an entire continent, a Discover Adventure expedition is about realising what the world has to offer before you've even finished school.
Safety and Support
• Member of the Expedition Provider's Association
• Safety is our highest priority
• Our trips have a high leader to passenger ratio
• We provide full back-up – vehicles, medical kits, satellite phones. If you need it we will bring it!
• You will have 24 hour UK emergency back-up support
• We provide detailed risk assessments
• We are committed to sustainable tourism practices and have a 5 star accreditation award from AITO
• We are a member of AITO ensuring best practice
• We ensure you have full financial protection for all our trips.
The Bespoke Approach
At Discover Adventure we know that every school is different and that each school has very different aims for what it wants the expedition to achieve. It could be to encourage personal development, to strengthen friendships or simply to facilitate an amazing experience.
Whatever your aims are, we’ll design the trip with them in mind and create an experience that not only ticks all the right boxes, but allows the students to go home with a huge sense of achievement. It all starts with a meeting, either face-to-face or over the phone, to hear your thoughts and get a feel for your school. It may be that you come with your own ideas or you want us to generate some for you. Either way, we’ll take what we learn and put together an itinerary based around you.
• Deserts, jungles or arctic environments
• Trekking, cycling, survival skills or a combination of all
• Community projects – a chance to give something back
• A huge variety of destinations
Bishops Wordsworth's School, Wiltshire
In 2009 we were approached by Mr Ian Wheeler at Bishop Wordsworth's School to come up with a new trip just for them. It had to be challenging, it had to be inclusive, it had to be exciting and it had to be within budget. After a phone call and a meeting we had identified a country, highlighted the activities and worked out the dates – the students would be off on a 10 day adventure to Morocco! Whilst we have operated in Morocco for a very long time, Ian wanted something new, something fresh, something that their school could put their stamp on. The Bishop Wordsworth's Morocco Multi Activity Trip was born; 10 days of trekking through the Sahara Desert, mountain biking through the Atlas Mountains, camping under the stars and experiencing North Africa in the most incredible way.The trip was a huge success; the boys came back with stories of riding camels, sliding down massive dunes, skidding their bikes along dirt tracks and playing drums with the Berbers around camp fires. The boys who pioneered this trip have paved the way for the school so that now, in 2015, they are exploring again looking at a cycling challenge in Croatia!
Wellingborough School, Northants
Wellingborough School confirmed their challenge with us in January 2013, giving themselves an entire year to plan, train and fundraise for this Sahara Expedition. They choose a five day trek which began on Monday 17 February 2014, giving them the following weekend to recouperate! 15 boys took part in the 50km trek accompanied by two teachers, one Discover Adventure Leader and a team of local guides including cooks. You can see their efforts in this short video clip and we can announce £12,000 was raised for the Alzheimer's Society in Wellingborough. Well done to all.
Schools we work with
- Dulwich College, London
- Bishop Wordsworth's, Salisbury
- Fairfax, Birmingham
- Dodderhill School, Droitwich Spa
- South Wilts Grammar, Salisbury
- Goldolphin School, Salisbury
- Wellingborough School, Northants
For further information