The website you have entered is operated by Discover Adventure Ltd.
This Policy outlines the type of information that is collected by Discover Adventure through this website and how we may use it. This Policy also tells you what to do if you do not want your personal information (such as your name and address) collected when you visit our website and how you can change information you have already provided to us.
As the challenge organiser Discover Adventure will always be your data controller for the purposes of the challenge. It is possible for your selected charity to be joint data controller dependent on them obtaining explicit consent to contact you for information other than your challenge. You can opt in to receiving information from them at the time of booking or later, by contacting the charity direct.
We will only collect such information from you as required to complete your booking, to ensure your health and safety on any challenge, or as required in order to carry out any service you have requested of us.
The type of personal data that we may ask you to provide includes:
- Name and contact details including address, telephone numbers and email.
- Credit/debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name and expiry date).
- Next of kin contact details.
- Passport information.
- Special requirements such as those relating to any medical condition or disabilities which may affect the chosen challenge arrangements.
- Dietary restrictions.
- Details of your chosen charity (if fundraising).
Some of the information we collect, such as your medical or dietary details, may be considered ‘special categories of personal data’ under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) ((EU) 2016/679), previously known as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only collect this in order to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept this category of data on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent if necessary.
You can choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your booking arrangements or you may be asked to leave a Challenge if the leader considers this non-disclosure could be harmful to yourself or other members of the group (as set out in our terms and conditions).
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it. This may be:
- When you register to take part in a Challenge, Expedition or activity provided by Discover Adventure, or when you purchase a product or service from us.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or agree to receive marketing/promotional material.
- When you speak to any of our team.
- When you complete a survey or enter a competition.
- We require your personal contact details (such as name, address, contact details etc.) to complete your booking with us. We will also use these details to manage your booking and to communicate with you regarding this.
- Images and videos taken during a challenge by DA crew or other participants may be used in our promotional material such as brochure, website and social media. As you are taking part in a group event it is not always possible for us to identify individuals, especially if in a large group. If you have any objections to the use of your image in this way please do let us know as soon as possible and ensure that you make yourself known to the group leader.
- We use financial information that you provide us, such as debit or credit card details, in order to process payments in settlement of any monies due relating to your booking. Your financial information is not retained on our database or network and is only used where you have authorised us to do so in accordance with the booking conditions and GDPR. When making an online payment to DA we use a third party operator which is PCI compliant.
- If you are fundraising for a charity we are obliged to forward your contact and challenge details to them to confirm their agreement to the payment option you have selected. They may wish to contact you direct to support you with your fundraising in relation to your challenge. If you wish to receive additional information from the charity there are opt in boxes during the booking process, this is not compulsory and any contact from the charity, other than about the challenge, should only be on a consent basis.
- In order to complete your booking we may need to disclose some of your information to organisations who may also act as ‘joint data controllers’ or ‘data processors’. We only pass on your information to companies that undertake business functions on our behalf. For example, on a Euro cycle challenge we are legally required to pass on your passport information to any hotels you may be staying in, or to confirm a booking for you with a ferry company or Eurostar. We may also need to pass on your data to our in country operators in order for them to book accommodation for you in advance. Some of these companies may be located outside the UK/ European Economic Area (EEA). Controls for data protection may not be as strong outside of the EEA however we will only pass relevant information on to persons/organisations for the part of your challenge arrangements for which they are responsible. If we are unable to pass this information on we may not be able to accept your booking.
- We may disclose your information if required to by law or where such a request is made by a legal authority. We may also need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party, who acquires, or attempts to acquire, all or substantially all of the asset/stock in our company.
- We will only send you information about special offers, brochures, new challenges, events and competitions if you have ‘opted in’ to receive news from Discover Adventure. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’ function at the bottom of any communication or just let us know (see ‘Who to Contact’ at the end of this policy).
INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
Any information collected for marketing purposes will be by your explicit consent. Consent may be obtained via opt in boxes during the booking process, invitation on our website or via social media.
Marketing may consist of e-newsletters, electronic or mailed copy of the DAL brochure, targeted mailshots etc. All correspondence, whether electronic or paper, will provide you with details on how to opt out or unsubscribe from receiving future marketing information.
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website. We take all reasonable precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse.
We will comply with all relevant Data Protection legislation in relation to the period for which we retain any information you disclose to us. We are required to retain data on all our participants for 7 years from the last travel date due to insurance purposes. After this time we will ensure safe and secure disposal of this. A copy of our Data Protection Policy is available on request (see contact details below).
In accordance with data protection regulations you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of the request.
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at: Discover Adventure Ltd, Throope Down House, Blandford Road, Coombe Bissett, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 4LN or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01722 718444.